What do your car, your health, and your HVAC system all have in common? They all need tune-ups! Whether this is a novel idea to you, or even if you’re a seasoned HVAC tuner-upper, this post is for you.
Flushes and replacements for your car’s engine and yearly check-ups with your physician–these are all things we know, love, and are very familiar with. However, the idea of an HVAC tune-up may seem a little cloudy, because, well, why is it important and what exactly does it consist of?
Why are tune-ups important?
Tune-ups for HVAC systems are extremely important for the same reasons they’re important for your car: they help keep your system running optimally and save you money in the long run. In order to enjoy fresh breezes all summer and cozy warm air all winter, your HVAC needs to be taken care of just as any other large appliance. Not only do regular tune-ups extend the life of your HVAC system, but they can also soften the blow of your electric bill if your HVAC is regularly serviced and is running smoothly.
What does an HVAC tune-up consist of?
For any HVAC tune-up, there are certain checkboxes any technician needs to hit. These actions include:
- Cleaning coils: maintaining clean coils is one of the best things you can do to keep your machine running smoothly and efficiently.
- Measuring levels and charge of refrigerants: making sure the levels and charge are where they need to ensure that you and your home will stay cool.
- Tightening electricals: in order to avoid dangerous frayed wiring and the eventual destruction of the electrical, keeping them wound tightly preserves these components.
- Lubricating moving parts: making sure all moving parts are lubricated helps the machine run smoother and prevents damage.
- Checking the controls: by checking the controls, your tech can make sure all controls are working properly and be able to fix those which may not.
- Cleaning the condensate drain: clogged drains are a very common sore spot for many who experience leaky air conditioners. Cleaning the drain ensures that your machine won’t overflow or house bacteria and algae.
- Changing the air filter: easy one! Making sure your air filter is clean ensures that the air you breathe is, too.
- Checking and aligning fins: bent fins obstruct good airflow. Making sure the fins are intact and aligned prevents poor airflow.
- Checking and adjusting blower motor and belts: an HVAC unit is nothing without the blower motor and belts. Without these, there is no air conditioning! Checking to make sure they’re working properly is important to overall A/C health and can save you a good hunk of change in the long run.
Is it really worth it?
Short answer? Yes.
Just as a tune-up for a car can save you from potentially blowing out your radiator or catching a leak before it turns chaotic, the same principle applies to your HVAC systems. They are big, complex pieces of machinery and require maintenance and attention in order to keep them healthy.
Consider the many benefits of having your HVAC system tuned up:
- Wear and tear issues are remedied. This means that costly repairs and unlikely to sneak up on you, and you are less likely to be without A/C.
- Better performance and lower energy consumption. With remedying, you can bet that your unit will run smoothly and avoid overworking itself, thus lowering its energy consumption.
- Your system can last longer. It’s simple math–the better you care for something, the longer it lasts! This is extremely important for something as expensive and necessary as an HVAC system.
You and your equipment’s health and efficiency are important to is. Maintaining your HVAC system saves you headaches and cash, and putting your unit on a regular schedule with us here at Tri-Point can help ensure that you, your home, and your family stay comfortable. Please, don’t hesitate in giving us a call here at Tri-Point Refrigeration. We’re happy to hear from you and are excited to help you along the way.
For a direct line to any of our employees ready on the line to help you, please call…(512) 651-4565 for our Austin, Texas community (806) 686-0050 for our Lubbock, Texas community.
Or check out our website at www.tripointrefrigeration.com
#airconditioning #ac #hvaclife #hvacr #hvactechnician #hvactech#hvacservice #hvactools #refrigerationservice #restaurantmaintenance #refrigerationtech #refrigerationsystems